Sariah is here


Sariah Pomaika'i Ahonui Nunes: 6lbs 11oz, 19 inches long, 2:58AM, August 13th, 2009









Sariah is here. She came early Thursday morning after 18 hours of labor. She doesn't look a thing like me, but is definately a clone of her father. Silly man, claims he cant see the resemblence (insert eye roll and a pahlease!) She is definately a Nunes, has the Nunes lungs on her too. She's long and skinny. The clothes that I have labeled as "New Born" are too big, making it look like she is wearing a dress.

I'm wondering when this mom thing that is supposed to be part instictual is going to kick in. Luckily I'm staying with my mom and have his mom so close at hand to help me through the transition phase. Transition phase never ends past this point, does it? Auntie Machiko says that she has hoppa hair. I guess when Chad was a baby he had the same semi undistinguished light brown wavy hair. Unfortunately for Sariah, she has my hair line, which on a newborn looks kinda funky.

I learned today, well, as I type really, that i can multi-task. See, she's eating right now, and I'm still typing. But if i don't watch her, she gets mad and unlatches. So I'll spell check when I'm done. We're on day three of life, and her eyes are already changing color. She's going to have pretty green eyes, Just like Chad (me too, but I'm partial to his). She absolutely amazes me. I like just sitting here watching her.


She has my feet too, but I think that she has Grandma Nunes's hands. She didn't get long fingers from either of her parents.


















I just got spit up on. Amazing. I know, babies do that, but since it's my baby who did it, I'm fascinated. Her face made the cutest expression right before it happened, which some might attribute to the full diaper now sitting in my lap, but I think it's because she saw me and decided to smile at her momma.




















Of course, she then made this "Oops... hehe" face.
























She's also found her thumb, and although it gets in the way of real food, she'll at least be able to comfort herself! She's doing so good, the doctor actually released her from the hospital before they released me, and I had an "ideal" birth. Oh, I'm so glad that he's is finally here. I'm so glad that I'm not pregnant any more. Chad is fascinated when he calls and gets to here her squeak, she doesn't ever squawk when he's on the phone. It was funny, if I ever wanted her to calm down while i was carrying her, I just had to put him on speaker phone and she would stop wiggling and listen to his voice.

Chad will graduate in two weeks. We are going out to see him and bring him home with us before the big move to Germany. I'm very excited to introduce these two who look so much alike. We are going to spend an extra day out there as a family, and will probably see the St. Louis arch. It's time for him to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment