I'm just another army wife with a new baby. Blogging is just another activity to keep my mind occupied and my hands busy so that I survive motherhood, wife-dome, and the inevitable long separations as dictated my the Army. God bless our Soldiers, and watch over them as they fight for freedom.
In the year (one year exactly April 6th) that my husband has been gone, I've learned a lot. I've done a lot. I was let go from my job, I gave birth, I sold a car, (I traded it for a piano), I started collecting yarn, I taught myself how to knit, I started a quilt, I'm changing a million diapers a day, and the list goes on. I started a new diet to help with the extra baby weight, and I'm proud to announce that I'm loosing weight. It makes me happy. I'm going to look good when he gets back.
I learned how to navigate single parenthood, without eliminating my husbands role in our family. It's a delicate balance. One day I get so mad at him because he wants to talk to a baby who can't talk back, and then next day, I'm so happy that he wants to talk to her for a minute so I can zone for a moment and enjoy her cooing.
I planted a garden. And it's starting to come up. I'm excited to see all the peppers and onions grow over then next couple of months, and hopefully (once I'm off this diet!) I'll be able to enjoy homemade salsa.
Now if I could just master the arts of wifery. You know, cleaning, laundry, putting the laundry away, dished (gross. Absolutely my second least favorite thing in the world!), cleaning the bathroom (the first and largest least favorite thing in the world!).
The baby has started using the sign's that I've been trying to teach her this week. She can say "want up" and "want." I know, not exactly the best thing to teach the baby, but it's saved me a lot of hassle and guess work. She's even figuring our how to point while singing "want." She thinks that she can walk. She's too young I tell myself, and her, frequently. But she's just like me, she doesn't care what I choose to try to dictate, what do I know- I'm just the mother.
Oh the irony that parenthood is in my life. I guess I should apologize to my mother. Mom: I love you. You're awesome. I'm grateful that you didn't kill me as a teenager, but somedays I think that you probably should have (it would have saved both of us a great deal of stress and trouble). Nevertheless, I'll try to follow your example and not cause bodily harm to my own child, even when she drives me so crazy I wont hold back the screaming. Maybe I'll move out of your house by then. Maybe not. It's not up to me. The Army has full control of my life. You know that, but all the same, thanks for sharing your space with me. Have I told you how awesome you are yet? Because you are. But I do blame you for my quirks, and this crazy yarn hobby that I've adopted. It's because I'm following your example ;)
=) I have that car! and that was my mom's piano!! I feel honored to be indirectly mentioned in your blog.
ReplyDeletehow has the piano been doing? Do you still have it?