When they ask for seconds...

You know you have a hit.

Tonight, I was at a loss- what am I going to feed these kids??  I picked up my BB today, and there were all these wonderful fresh fruits and veggies, perfect for the season, and bright enough o make my mouth water just imagining what I could make with them! This weeks bounty: Yellow Squash, Yellow Corn, Zucchini, Butter Lettuce, Carrots, Broccoli, Raspberries, Plums, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, & Grapes.

Being the resourceful person I am, I called my mom to ask her what to make for dinner. I've lost all of my brain power to the move this week, so I'm glad she can still think clearly! I told her about my basket, and said I had rice too (I think I was craving the rice) and she told me about our friend Heather's yummy Broccoli and Chicken Curry over Rice. Sure, I've got a curry mix! So I cut up my veggies, and tossed them in the steam bowl and cooked the rice and veggies together in the rice cooker. On the stove, I made the chicken curry sauce, and when the rice and veggies were done, I mixed them with the sauce and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Hot Dang! It's so good. Every one of us asked for seconds. Every one of us at every bit of the seconds. We will eat all the left overs and smile while doing it. You know you want some.

Broccoli and Chicken Curry Rice Casserole- my twist on Heathers' Genius!

1/2 head of cauliflower (= A Handful)
Handful of Broccoli
Four Carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 Yellow Squash (peeled and sliced)
1/2 cups rice
3 c water

Rice and water in the bottom of the rice maker- put steam basket on top full of all the veggies. Cook on white rice setting.

Chicken
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Mayonaise
1 pk Curry mix

Cook up your chicken (or cheat like i did and use canned chicken). Mix your Soup, Mayo, and Curry with chicken until call the curry is blended in. When rice and veggies are done, mix it all together and bake.

Seriously. My kids asked for seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment