This week in our world was a good one. Sariah is getting on a somewhat regular sleeping schedule, but that doesn't mean she is sleeping at night. In fact, she doesn't really sleep at night. She takes one nap. BUT~ I'm not going to try to convince her that she's got her days and nights wrong. In fact, I'm hoping that she continues to stay up at night, at least for the next couple of weeks. We'll be heading to Germany soon, and so I'm just gonna keep her up and once we're there, she'll be in the right and we will both sleep through the night!

We took a mini vacation this week down to Austin. We walked all over the UT campus, and let me tell you, it is uphill both ways no matter which way you go. We walked from Campus over to the Capitol, and toured the building and underground annex's. We stayed with some of our friends, and they were kind enough to introduce us to the game Killer Bunnies. If you've never heard of Killer Bunnies, you are not alone. But after playing it once, let me tell you how bad I want to invest in this game! I found it on Amazon for a reasonable price, and the booster packs look pretty sweet. Just saying. I think the family might like this game, or at least my family will.

On our way back to Dallas, we stopped in Ft. Hood (hello armpit of TX) to get Sariah's and my military passports. Here are some pictures of Sariah as we were trying to get her 2x2 photo. They made me laugh.




I had a civilian passport. The picture was pretty decent too, better than the previous one (I was ten and had one eyebrow...) I thought that they would just take my forms and civilian passport, and since it was the state department who had to put it together, they would just use the picture that they had on file... it was only two months ago that we took that picture. I was wrong. Had I known they were going to take my picture, I would not have put my hair in pig tails. I would have put on a little more eyeliner and made sure the zit on my chin was properly covered. But it was not meant to be. So, I have pigtails and a pimple.. Think they're going to believe that I am old enough to travel halfway across the world?! Well, I'll do it anyways.

We met up with some friends just outside of Ft. Hood, and I'm glad that we decided to make that stop instead of rushing home. Chad had the opportunity to talk to a Sergeant First Class out of uniform about anything and everything he could think of over a six hour discussion. I know his wife, and she gave me the goods on how to get around some things and some advice that Steph has shared with me before, but I didn't understand until the paperwork issues I ran into yesterday regarding our travel. Thank goodness for military wives who have been there and done that. Steph, I will probably be harrassing you more than normal over the next couple months.


Chad's travel dates got pushed up and he will be leaving next Wednesday for Geissen, and will be there for about a week or two before being stationed at Hohenfeldt of Grafenwoehr. Dont worry, I can't pronounce it either. Once he is in Geissen, he'll start setting up our housing and travel itenerary. I'm very glad that we got all the information that we did from Ft. Hood, I'm not so happy with the lack of support that Ft. Leonard Wood gave us. Lazy military people. Now I know better and It's not gonna happen again. I'm wising up to you tactic's military!



Amanda, Chad, & Sariah

No comments:

Post a Comment