
This holiday season is a big milestone in our world. It is our official first season together as a family. We got married two weeks before Christmas, and spent the actual holiday in the car driving from Texas to Arizona, not so much fun. Our second Christmas as a married couple, was spent apart. Chad was in Germany, and I was back at home with Mom. Sariah pretty much made out like a bandit last year tho- I think she had the most presents out of the entire family! Chad came home and moved us to Washington this May. We've been able to spend the 4th of July, Sariah's first birthday, Memorial Day, Halloween, and Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving together so far. And each of these days have held a special place in my heart! I love being able to make all of these memories together with both Chad and Sariah. I'm looking forward to this new baby, and starting some more memories that include him!
Sariah will probably make out like a bandit again this year; Grandma and Grandpa Great Nunes came for a visit and bought out the PX. I didn't realize it until today, two days after they left, the amount of things they piled on my 'to be wrapped' stack. But I sure did find out today when I started looking for my wreath making supplies! There is a massive pile that I'll take care of as soon as I get tape for the paper (Seriously, who buys wrapping paper and forgets the tape?!?).

I found my supplies at last (They were about two feet under Gma-Gpa's presents) and started making my very first Christmas Wreath. Our Christmas tree came pre-lit, and apparently I misjudged how many ornaments it would take to decorate it, so I used the extra's for this wreath. I'm really excited how it turned out! Now If I can get the garland up in our front window and names on the stockings, I'll have it Christmas officially up! So excited!
I'm so grateful that Chad gets to be here with us this year. Sariah has him wrapped around her little fingers and I get to laugh at her every day as she works him over. Life is pretty dang good! We've got 17-19 more weeks until this baby boy makes his appearance, and I'm going to try and make the most of it!
Oh ya, I love my Angel. It's got a bunch of little LED lights that glow and change colors (Reminds me of my own Great Grandma Marilyn's house!)
No comments:
Post a Comment