| Our future Beauty Queen! |
Sariah went to Nursery for the very first time yesterday. I know she's not old enough, she technically has one more month before they'll let her stay without a parent. But it was a big deal for this tired and pregnant mom. Church has become increasing hard to sit through, mostly because this little boy in my tummy is seriously killing my hips. But the energy it takes to keep Sariah somewhat hap and almost quiet is usually more than I can handle on my own. Luckily, Chad is here to save the day! He's such a good dad! Always willing to take her out or get on the ground and play with her! The nursery leaders are wonderful- and I'm sure that Sariah is going to have such a good time in there! We're very lucky, one of the leaders tries to teach the kids sign language, especially those who aren't speaking very much yet. I've taken the opportunity to restart and reinforce Sariah's signing (previously a very unsuccessful venture in parenthood for me!). Something has happened. She understands. She repeats what I do, AND SHE DOES IT ON HER OWN NOW! All of this makes me really excited and lets me know, I'm not a failure as a momma!
| Sariah signing 'Love' |
Sariah doesn't have a lot that she can sign, but in one week, she's learned how to say 'love,' 'more,' and 'cup.' She's also a book-a-holic. I have no idea where that characteristic came from at all! Ha.
She made out like a bandit at Christmas, and now keeps herself occupied while I find the time to go back to my crafts.
Recently, I've been working on a quilt for my sister. It's insane. It's killed my machine. The quilt is now on hold, until I can afford to replace the machine. I'm having some serious sewing withdrawal. So to make up for the lack of a major project to undertake, my wonderful mother in law sent me some yarn to make an afghan with. Now, I'm kept busy, Sariah is kept busy.. and Chad.. well.. Chad works.
| The Growling Daddy monster catching his prey! |
2011 is only a couple days old, but already we're preparing for some changes. We've only got 14-16 weeks left before Baby Boy Nunes makes his debut. Ok- now that I've seen written I might start to panic. Dang. I don't have enough time. Well, I do, but it doesn't look like a lot. We're also currently debating whether or not Washington is going to be home for another three years. I'm thinking yes... maybe... We'll see what the army declares, and we'll survive wherever we end up. But I'm kind of hoping we stay.
Well, this is how we've opened out new year. We're going to add to our family, hopefully settle further into our home, and continue to stay happy!
That first face Sariah is making totally a YOU face! Love it! Amanda's little mini-me. I wonder if your little boy will be a Chad-look-alike...
ReplyDeleteI can only hope! I would laugh though if he turned out to be a blonde head blue eyed baby... But I think that I really need a Chad look alike, he's got a little cousin who is his clone, and I think he's perfectly adorable!
ReplyDelete