It's been a busy week! (And it's only Wednesday!)
This week I had my first official FRG meeting with my co-chair and the "Uppers." Well.. Upper. Captain D was there in the beginning, and then left to take care of some military business while we (the women) handled our meeting :)
Guess I should tell you what the FRG is... The Family Readiness Group is basically visiting teaching for the army. We are the group that takes care of the families, making sure they have the resources they need, are aware of company activities and travel/training schedules, and any other little thing they need to keep the morale up for them and their soldier. We're pretty much the support group, but have major assisting duties during deployments- and are the information distributers from army command to the families.
I'm excited to be able to be a part of the FRG- and now I'll know anything should anything happen the fastest (you know that's one of the reasons I'm all over this!), but I like helping too.
Ya, I know.. I needed another thing to add to my crazy life! You think that between the pregnancy, Sariah, Chad, mom stuff, sewing, knitting, crocheting, and being a full time student I'd have enough on my plate... but I didn't!!
Well, in other news, I took Christmas down today. What?! Christmas was THREE WEEKS AGO! Yes, yes... but the tree served as the perfect night light so I could wander around in the middle of the night, and it was really pretty, and there was the sentimental value of this holiday season~ See two posts ago~ So I took it down. And put it in it's box. And told Chad to put it in the closet. Away... for 12 months... sigh~
I am amazing this week, truly, I'm awesome. And I'm patting myself on the back. I ordered my new sewing machine. It's been a long time coming. I've spent weeks (literally) debating which one to get. I've spent those same weeks hoarding the gift cards from Sears. Chad kept looking at me- JUST GET THE MACHINE ALREADY! I told him no, I was holding out for the gift card that I knew was coming (Thanks military support fans!! We're so grateful!!). I'm glad I saved them, because I only paid $6.00 for a $200.00 machine. Yes, patting myself on my back :) I got the confirmation email this morning "Your item has shipped!" Made me very happy. It will be here next week. Hopefully I'll finish my sisters quilt soon. I've been trying to avoid looking at it, because it needs doing and I can't do it!!
Chad has a four day this weekend, we're going to go out with his Sgt. to celebrate his recent promotion. OH YA! CHAD GOT PROMOTED! Early! I'm so proud of him. He had high remarks from his leadership because he is such a super HOOAH soldier! I got to pin his new rank on him, and he kissed me in front of all the other soldiers- caused quite a ruckus.. you know how men are.. hoots and hollers, cat calls and whistles. And then Captain took us to lunch (it was a lunch meeting for me and my co-chair, but it was still nice!).
I measured the belly this week. I should have done it in the beginning, but you'll just have to trust me. Once upon a time, I was skinny. I was so skinny that my perfectly shaped waist was 27" around. But.. that was a very long time ago. About 6 years ago actually.. If memory serves me right. But in more recent measurements- About 6 months ago, I had a 33-34'' waist. 6 hours ago, it was 47''. I think something must be growing. It got me thinking "How far am I?" See, I generally have things of this nature scheduled. But with everything else happening lately, I've lost track. So I went online and looked it up. I knew I was almost in my third trimester- two more weeks and I'll be there officially. But, when I looked it up today, my magic tracking site informer me that I had 100 days left. I thought that was pretty cool. 100 days is not a long time. I can do this. So long as Chad keeps rubbing my back and hips every other night. The hip dysplacia has been acting up, but I'm doing my exercises, so it's not killer! Chad laughs at me most evenings when I do the exercises, apparently I'm somewhat awkward looking in a squatting position.
I just saw an old spice commercial. 'Should you're man smell like an old spice man?' YES! Sorry.. I blame the pregnancy for my tangential thinking pattern.
That is all for now. 'Gangster Paradise' is now stuck in my head. Thank you Seth Rogan and 'The Green Hornet.'
it was so good getting to hear an update! You are a good blogger! =) that is so exciting that you are in that new group. That will so great to have that support and friendship. Tell Chad congrats for me!!
ReplyDelete