Mean Mom Face
Tonight was an interesting mix up to our normal events. There we were, the kids, myself, my neighbor V, and her two kids; walking along pushing our strollers for our evening 4 mile walk. we had just hit our first mile ( I know this because I track our walks via GPS ;) ) WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN this tiny little ford comes zipping by, speeding and TOSSING newspapers and junk mail out the window all over the streets. V and I stopped, looked at each other, and asked ourselves, what now? V suggested we check to see if it was real mail with a name on it, because that would be so wrong, we would feel obligated to call the MP's. No one's mail should lay out in the middle of the road for anyone to see! So we walk over, and survey our surroundings, it was just adds and junk mail. All of a sudden, THE CAR CAME BACK! Idiot boys. They couldn't have been more that 16-17. So I stood there with my children, in the middle of the road, and started to put my hands on my hips. OOOooooo we glared at those boys, and then we told them to GET OUT OF THE CAR AND PICK ALL THIS UP RIGHT THIS INSANT! And they did.. well, 2 of them did. They started with the far stuff, and then they got closer to pick up the little stuff that was still by our feet, and this is when I really let into them. I put on my meanest mom face and started lecturing about the evils of littering and how they were speeding and made a motion of writing down their license plate number so that if they pissed me off any more, I would call the MP's and their parents. One of the boys tried to excuse himself by saying that they were just having a little bit of fun (baloney!) and that they were on their way back to pick it up (super baloney). My mean mommy attitude totally came out at this point and I wanted him to say something more, go ahead! Well, he wisely shut his trap at that point (disappointing!) and finished picking up all his trash and drove off (at a decent speed). V and I then went on with our walk. Although, with all the excitement, we did not set another 5k record, we did not do our best time, and we totally slacked off the power walking. BUT, we did finish our walk, and we did get some good mommy time in. So all in all, it wasn't a complete bust, even if I really was looking for a fight/police report/mommy tattling. I mean, it is a saturday night, I didn't really have anything else going for me tonight ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HA! Good for you for saying something! When I lived in GA, there was apparently all kinds of weird crime going on at Ft. Benning. Believe it or not, there are some stupid people on post!
ReplyDeleteWe had a spate of kids sneaking into the laundry rooms to have sex when we were in Germany. Once, my neighbor caught a couple at it, and took their ID cards (I couldn't believe they handed them over!!) so that she could report them properly. None of the MPs were doing anything about it, as there was never "proof" (besides used condoms in the dryer... EEEWWWWWW) until she walked in there with two kids and their ID's and their parents. Yeah, that got their attention.
ReplyDelete