


We've been here for two and a half months. Been to the mountain a couple times, figures out how to camp, how ot budget, how to shop the sales. We've figured out a lot. My house is still a mess, but thats not really going to change until August or so.. not that I couldn't change it right now, but I will have motivation to clean it at the end of August. See, my in-laws are coming for a visit, and even though I'ma bad housekeeper, i'll try to make sure it's all in order, I don't want them having to walk or trip over all of our stuff. Besides' I think I would like to show off how big my pantry is... I can't do it today with the five or eight loads of laundry that are currently laying on the floor. I guess updating my blog will help kill some time While he's at work. I've taken to some serious crocheting and knitting lately. I went so far as to design my own (very simple) celtic heart that I'm working into a pattern that I've made up in my head to mirror one of my favorite maternity sweater jacket wrap thing.. I'm not really sure what to call it, other than it's not too warm so it's technically not a sweater, and it only has 3/4 sleeves. It's cotton, stretchy, comfortable and i pretty much like to wear it regardless of my state of fertility. If I didn't know what true ADD looked like, I might consider myself ADD.. Bit I'm pretty sure that I'm just a super multi-tasker and get bored with current project real easily. I have two blankets of large proportions, one just needing fringe, and the other slowly coming together. I still like the one that is probably only 20% done. But the one that needs the fringe.. I have to leave it alone until I've got almost nothing else to do. It'll probably get doe before the second one though. I should probably also put some pictures up. I haven't even uploaded the pictures onto Ravelry, thats how lazy I've been. Maybe that will be my goal for tonight. I've got (what ever thought I was gong to put here is no longer in my brain). Maybe I'll even work myself up into putting some updated pictures on here.


I need to update everyone on the little monster monkey I call my offspring. She has teeth. Lots of teeth. These teeth have made grocery shopping particularly difficult because she likes to pick up whatever is closest and well... bite it. Especially if it is cardboard related, cream cheese, oil filters... So ya, teeth. Oh, and attitude. Isn't she a little young to show those little personality traits that are going to become the bane of my existance in a couple years?? She's mastered which parent to go to for hugs, kisses, treats, toys, and everything she's not supposed to have (Dad), and as for food, diapers, shoes, you know, necessities (Mom). I'm pretty sure that when we take her down to Texas at the end of the month she'll have everyone wrapped around her little fingers within minutes. She's a pistol. A high pitched, very loud, and piercing pistol. And then she looks halfway over her shoulder and give a little half smile. And suddenly it's going to be ok, that smile fixes everything. I'm going to sit here and roll my eyes for a bit, and in twenty years, Mom, remind me how that smile fixed everything, ok? This is going to be an adventure.. Oh my... She'll be one next month, and the walking and climbing and eating everything in sight business is cute, and frustrating, but mostly cute. There you have it, my monkey is the cutest almost one year old ever (in my most biased opinion)! Love to all~
Im going to miss you arent I? I arrive in Texas on the 27 (very late though).
ReplyDeleteshe is soo cute! AND SO HUGE!!!
BALONY!!!
ReplyDeleteYou spelt that wrong. Bologna
ReplyDelete