Amazing Bean Soup

Tonight, Chad said that we were having soup for dinner, and that he was gonna make some bread to go with it. He toiled and slaved for about an hour, at which point I expected to be smelling something scrumptious in the form of soup. There was no soup. There wasn't even a pot on the stove. I was really confused! So I asked him what he had just spent the last hour doing: "I made some bread! And now I'm doing the dishes!"

"Oh, so where's the soup?"

"Haven't made it yet- why don't you grab me a can of baked beans, a can of red kidney beans, some corn and some green beans."

"Green Beans? Really? Green Beans?"

"Ya."

So there I went, off to gather the ingredients for 'soup.'

I opened the cans of beans first, since I knew that no matter what, they were going in the soup. And corn. Corn goes great with beans. And diced tomatoes, ya, that would be good too. I cleverly left out the green beans. They did not fit in my idea of soup (but only because it wasn't Esther's green bean and tomato soup). I didn't drain anything, knowing that I'd need some sort of liquid because it was soup.. not chili. Eventually, this is what I came up with, and I've decided it delicious enough to share. It's quick, easy, and yummy! Xoxo

1 Can Busch's Baked Beans original flavor (the big can 14 oz?)
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
2 Can's Corn
2 Can's Diced Tomatos
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
2 tsp Onion powder
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic
1 Tbsp Sugar
4-10 Shakes of chipotle tabasco sauce (depends on how hot you want it)
1/2 pkg of your favorite sausage (we used Hillshire Farms beef sausage)

Combine the first five ingredients and bring to a boil. Add in spices/sugar. Take half of mixture out and blend it up in the blender to help thicken your soup. Add blended things back in. Chop Sausage to convenient sized pieces, and add in. Turn oven down and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm, with or without bread (mmm bread).

Yup, thats what I'm drooling over right now. Soup. Mmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely have to try that! I love soup especially sense it is getting colder!

    ReplyDelete