I took me two hours to decide what to make for dinner tonight. My brain just can't seem to come up with new meals and my stomach doesn't seem to cooperated with the same five I try to foist on the family every week. I scoured the internet for easy recipes that included things hat I had in my pantry and fridge. I called my mom to ask what they had (lettuce wraps, but I wasn't anywhere near the mood for lettuce and beef...) Usually I can count on mom to feed the idea to me so I do my job as mom and wife right. I've been lacking in that area lately because of the pregnancy.. No energy, No desire to move (mostly bc it's a precursor to upchucking the precious nutrients I manage to get down...) No idea's what to cook, and no cleaning (although, not a new symptom...). So, there I was, scouring the internet for something to make... ... ... ... I finally found a recipe that met all my requirements, and was different and new- sort of- Enchilada's are not actually new. But the way I made them tonight is. I used the amazing salsa I made earlier this week, mixed it in with some cream cheese, shredded chicken, a little cumin, and freshly sautéed onions and garlic. Threw in some mexican mix cheese to hold it all together, wrapped it in flour tortilla halves, covered in more awesome kick butt salsa and more cheese. It was so easy. And it was way good. Sariah ate most of Chad's, so he had to go back and get more. I like when I find something that is easy, uses most of me leftover whatevers, and the entire family likes it. Especially if sariah likes it, that means that she'll eat it again tomorrow for lunch. It wasn't spicy and it wasn't boring. It was flavorful and filling. I'm so happy it turned out good, I was worried. I'm always worried about new things. Thats why my poor husband has been eating the same five meals every week.
So I fed the family. And then Chad laid down on the floor for a quick cat nap. Sariah's bed time rolled around, and we filled her bottle, changed the diaper, and then I told her to give daddy a kiss goodnight. She was so cute. She walked over to where he was sleeping, bent over (butt high in the air), bonked her head on his, and then blew a little snot on his cheek. Ha, I laugh overtime she does that. It's gross, but super cute. And then I said, "Ok, Upstairs~" Which then made her run to the stairs and begin the climb. For some reason, she loves to climb up the stairs by herself. But tonight, she got distracted by something on the stairs, unintentionally carried in by Chad's boots, and put it in her mouth. I told her not to, told her it was icky.. It didn't work, and I couldn't get it out of her mouth. But now that the distraction was out of the way.. or was, until she found another piece of unintentional boot junk two stairs up. I was smarter this time, and caught her before she caught it. I picked her up, carried her the rest of the way to her bed, fixed the blankets, found the monkey, laid her down, and then I heard a crunch. Ha! She hadn't swallowed the boot gunk! So I did what I thought was best~ "Sariah, spit it out." Irony.. Oh Irony. Babies don't understand what 'spit it out' means! But my baby, well, she's sharp as a tack... most days. She gave me a half smile, and then stuck her tongue out at me, boot gunk and all. Good thing too, her teeth are really sharp, and I didn't relish the idea of fishing in her mouth when I know she bites. Anyways, boot gunk removed, kisses given, monkey hugged, and baby tucked in tight, I shut the door and went back downstairs.
I tried to wake the sleeping lump on my floor, but he's had a hard day, and since he gets up at 0430, 2000 is not too early for him to go to bed. So now I'm sitting here, typing out my night, feeling a little lonely, deciding whether I should eat more yummy enchilada's, waiting for my show to come on... I don't feel the blues as much now that I've re-lived my night here on the blog, but I sure could use some company tonight. I don't even have any ice cream to help out. Chocolate isn't my friend right now, so there goes the other 'girls best friend.' Mmmmm... Salsa. Ya, I think the enchilada's are calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment